PHASE 1 : Limited Individual Drills and Practice
1. State and/or Local “stay and shelter” regulations are lifted for Youth Sports with conditions.
2. Cal South lifts the suspension allowing training to resume based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.
3. If a parent/guardian does not feel comfortable having their child Return to Play, Leagues/Clubs shall be supportive of player choosing NOT Returning to Play.4. League/Clubs have all the COVID-19 prevention and response protocols in place.
5. COVID-19 Prevention and Response Protocol information has been distributed to everyone involved and receipt acknowledgements received by the Leagues/Clubs.
6. During Phase 1, it is important to consider injury risk strategies as endurance, strength and soccer skills come back into focus.
7. Training groups must abide by the maximum number of players allowed in a “Training Group” based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.
8. All practice drills and activities are to focus on individual fitness and skills training for the authorized Training Group in a socially distant environment.
9. Drills within a Training Group may involve passing, provided that the ball is not touched by the player other than by their feet and the players maintain social distancing as regulated by State and/or Local authorities.
10. Participants within a Training Group may not arrive at the facility (training area) until the previous Training Group has completely departed.
11. Limit the number of participants in the facility (training area) such that social distancing always allows for participants and employees to maintain a minimum of six (6) feet of distance from one another.
12. League/Club Administrators and Coaches must always wear masks while training unless actively involved in the Training Drill and/or coaching and/or within the six (6) feet distance restrictions.
13. Parents should ideally drop off kids and pick them up from practice if applicable.
13.1. If parents choose to stay and observe the practice, they may do so from pre-designated areas, wear masks, while keeping proper distancing from athletes and other parents.
14. Provide a minimum separation between Training Groups of at least six (6) feet.
Phase 2: Limited Scrimmages Based on Specific Number
1. All the Core features from Phase 1 except as modified below.
New features in Phase 2:
1. Practice drills and activities may now include multiple players within the Training Group. The number of players in a Training group shall follow regulations defined by State and/or Local authorities.
2. Scrimmages between Training Groups within the same League/Club are allowed.
3. Sharing of equipment such as soccer balls is allowed for use in the regular practice drills such as headers, and throw-ins are allowed.
Phase 3 : Team Training and Scrimmages
1. All the Core features from Phase 1 and Phase 2 except as modified below.
New Features of Phase 3:
1. Team Training drills allowed based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.
2. Scrimmages are allowed between League/Clubs as defined by the State and/or Local authorities.
3. Sharing of equipment, such as soccer balls, is allowed as used for the regular practice drills such as headers, throw-ins, etc.
Phase 4: Competition and Tournaments
1. All the Core features from Phases 1, 2 and 3 except as modified below.
New Features of Phase 4:
1. Teams are allowed to participate in Scrimmages, Competition and Tournaments based on State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.
2. Practice drills and activities can include multiple Teams.
3. Parents allowed on the sidelines at Competitions and Tournaments based on the State and/or Local social distancing guidelines.